As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you losing hair in the shower? Well, don’t be too concerned. A little hair loss in the shower is totally normal, so you shouldn’t be too worried about losing a little hair every day. But if you’re losing more than a little, then hair loss can be an indicator of other issues. When you’re in the shower, it’s common for you to lose a little hair. But how much hair loss is normal in the shower?
Well, it’s understood that it’s normal to lose anywhere between 50 and 100 hairs per day. This is the average for everyone, so don’t panic if you’re losing this much hair on a daily basis.
So, how much hair loss on a daily basis is normal? Well, anything up to 200-300 hair being lost on a daily basis can be considered normal. If you’re concerned about your hair loss, then you can always go and see a dermatologist to try and determine the cause of your hair loss.
Why do you lose hair in the shower?
The main reason that you lose hair in the shower is that when your hair is wet, it becomes more vulnerable to breakage. Wet hair has a higher elasticity, which in turn means that you’re more likely to lose your hair whilst in the shower.
Main Causes of Hair Loss
When you’re losing your hair, it can definitely be a little overwhelming. However, you shouldn’t worry too much. There are a few main reasons that you might start to lose your hair.
- Genetics – As you get older, it’s totally normal for you to start to shed hair. Of course, this shouldn’t be to a significant degree. But naturally as you get older your hair is going to thin. So, don’t be too concerned if you don’t have as much hair as when you was 16.
- Nutritional Deficiency – There are tons of vitamins and minerals that if you’re deficient in, can have an effect on your hair. Of course, the most common one is Biotin but other b vitamins can also have an effect on your hair. Not getting enough iron? There’s a chance that can be causing your hair to fall out. Not getting enough Vitamin A? C? D? E? All of these deficiencies can contribute to hair loss.
- Hormonal imbalance – A hormonal imbalance can be another common reason that you might be losing your hair. Unfortunately, hormones are hard to control and can be a difficult one to diagnose.
- Stress – If you’re not getting enough sleep or you’re working long hours at work, then there’s a good chance that this can also be the cause of your hair loss. Try to take a break every now and then to let your body relax to avoid this being the cause of your hair loss.
- Losing weight quickly – Losing a big amount of weight in a short period of time can be another cause of weight loss. To avoid this, try and lose between 1-2 lbs a week and don’t ut your body through any extreme stress.
Overall, there are many reasons that you may have started to lose hair. But, you shouldn’t be too concerned as it’s a pretty common issue. The majority of women lose a lot of hair in the shower, especially if you have coarse hair. Unless you’re losing a dramatic amount, don’t be too concerned about this.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.