As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wahl undoubtedly create some of the best hair clippers that you’re going to find on the market. There’s no denying that they produce some top quality products, with their Professional model being one of the most popular around. But, it’s commonly debated whether it’s worth purchasing the V9000 model, or whether the V5000 is enough. And if you’re new to cutting hair, what do these numbers even mean?
If you’re wondering what the differences between the V5000 and the V9000 are, then it’s actually pretty simple. Essentially, the V900 is a more powerful version of the V5000 – the number refers to the power of the motor in each set of clippers.
You will find the same model – e.g. the Wahl Professional – have both the V5000 motor in it sometimes, but you’ll also find it sometimes has the V9000 model in it dependant on where you purchase it. Of course, the more powerful V9000 model is a little bit more expensive – but is it worth investing for your every day person?
The V9000 is usually more suited towards barbers and it’s used in barber shops globally. But, this doesn’t mean to say that you can’t use it yourself if you’re looking for a good set of hair clippers. Let’s have a look at the V9000 and see some of it’s features.
Wahl V9000 Professional 5 Star
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional’s commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Magic Clip is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that...
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: The Magic Clip is the ultimate corded clipper. It features high precision zero-overlap blades for superior speed and ease, a cool-running V9000 motor that offers 50% more power...
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Magic Clip comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (8) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions,...
The V9000 Professional is one of Wahl’s best selling products, and it’s pretty easy to see why. There are a few reasons why you might want to consider the Professional over models, which I’ll go through now.
One of the main reasons that you’ll want to opt for the V9000 is that it’s almost unmatchably powerful. These clippers are used by barbers up and down the country that can attest to how powerful it is, which is impressive in it’s own right. If you want something that can cut through thick hair like butter, then it’s a solid choice.
Specifically for the Professional model, it’s very durable and it’s definitely going to last you a while. It’s not the type of flimsy clippers that are going to break within a few months of using them. If you invest in the Wahl Professional model, you can be sure that they’re going to last you a good few years. Of course, this is provide that you take care of your clippers properly.
They don’t just feel like a Professional model – they are a professional model. We can see this from the high quality materials that are used to make them. If you’re used to using a cheap set of hair clippers and you want to take a step up, then you should definitely consider the Professional Model.
Do I need the V9000, or is the V5000 okay?
The reality is that you don’t have to opt for a model with the V9000 model in your hair clippers unless you’re a barber. If you’re a barber, then you’re undoubtedly better off going for the V9000 as it will give you the power that you need.
But if you’re just looking for a set of clippers to use with your family or on yourself, then you will be absolutely fine using the V5000 motor with whatever set of clippers you have. I’ve used many different clippers from Wahl with this motor in the past, and it’s still an extremely powerful set of clippers that will get the job done.
Products like the Wahl Balding Clippers are known for using this type of motor, and I don’t know if you’ve ever seen them being used before – they’re extremely powerful! So, knowing that this set of clippers is powerful enough, you’re unlikely to have any issues with Wahl clippers that use this type of motor.
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional’s commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Balding Clipper is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance...
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: This corded clipper is a barbershop must-have. With a powerful electromagnetic motor that cuts twice the speed of pivot motors, it offers barbers and stylists a...
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Balding Clipper comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (2) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush,...
Overall, you definitely don’t need to go for the V9000 model if you’re looking for a new set of hair clippers. Sure, it would be nice to use a set of clippers that uses a high motor power, but this definitely isn’t a necessity. Plus, the V9000 motor will usually come at $20 bucks or some more expensive than it’s little brother, so its worth bearing that in mind if you’re on the hunt for a new set of hair clippers.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.