Deciding between Andis and Wahl is kind of like picking between lemons and limes. They both provide the same thing, but you’re likely to slightly prefer one to the other and it’s unexplainable. They’re both good options, so you should take your time and look the the best models each brand has to offer to work out which one will work best for you.
If you’re deciding between the two brands, then this can be extremely difficult. Whilst Wahl is the bigger brand, this doesn’t necessarily mean better. And in recent years, Andis have become more and more popular and provided greater competition to Wahl.
If you’re looking to decide between these two brands, then you’re in the right place. First, we’ll look at the differences between the two brands then we will have a look at the most popular models of each so that you can make an informed decision before a purchase.
History of the Brands
Both Wahl and Andis are esteemed and respected brands within the hair clipper industry – they’re probably the best known brands that you’ll find, along with Remington. There aren’t many other brands that can stand up to them in terms of longevity, as they’re both closing in on 100 years since their companies started. Both brands are homegrown American brands, too.
Wahl are the slightly older company, started in 1919 and since then they’ve developed into one of the most popular brands, especially if you’re considering shavers and clippers. There aren’t many brands that can compete with Wahl if you’re considering clippers.
Though if there is one brands that could compare, it’s undoubtedly going to be Andis. Started a few years later in 1922, they’re one of the top few brands. They specialise in clippers and shavers too, and it’s difficult to separate these two brands in terms of effectiveness. But, we’ll try and differentiate the two so that you can decide which of these brands is better for your situation.
Wahl products are some of the best around – you shouldn’t hesitate if you’re looking at some of their products. They tend to specialise in clippers, but you’ll also find some awesome shavers from them too. Here are some of their best products;
- Wahl Lithium Ion – The Wahl Lithium Ion are one of the better multi groom clippers you’ll find online. If you want something that can do everything, then you can’t go wrong with the Wahl Lithium Ions.
- Wahl Professional – The Wahl Professionals are some of their more popular clippers, and they’re a step up on some of their cheaper models. The Wahl professionals should be the first port of call for those looking for a solid set of hair clippers.
- Wahl Balding Clippers – Made specifically for balding men, the Wahl balding clippers are undoubtedly some of the most popular clippers for men. They’re essentially the only clippers on the market designed for bald guys, and they’re one of the most popular options for a good set of balding clippers.
Andis also specialise in clippers, but these aren’t the only products that you should consider if you’re going to purchase from Andis. Lets have a look at some of their best products;
- Andis Slimline – The Andis Slimlines are a good option for anyone who’s looking for a good set of T Blade trimmers, specifically designed for barbers and hair cutting experts.
- Andis Profoil – The Andis Profoil is a hypoallergenic option for those who have trouble using razors – if you’re allergic to nickel, thehna good foil shaver is your best bet to avoid irritation.
- Andis T Outliner – The Andis T Outliner are probably Andis most poplar brand – they’re awesome for doing outlines and fades, and the blades can be adjusted easily to suit the length of hair you’re trying to cut.
Overall, it’s difficult to pick between these two brands if you’re looking for a new shaver or set of clippers to add to your collection. The reality is that they are both very similar, and you’re likely to find a good option from each brand, whether you’re looking for a set of clippers or a foil shaver.
Though generally, one brand will have the market when it comes to a specific need. So, when it comes to clippers specifically made for balding, then undoubtedly Wahl have the market covered from this respect. But when it comes to finding a good set of trimmers for line ups, then you would probably be best off looking at the Andis Professionals. This is true for the majority of products in each brand.
Overall, it is really down to you to decide which of these products is going to be most effective for your needs. The reality is that either of these two brands is going work well for you, as they are the leading options in the market. You don’t need to be concerned, as both brands are going to get the job done.