Shaving your head with a razor can be a bit of a nightmare with a razor. For some people, it’s almost impossible to do so without dealing with the dreaded razor burn. And let’s face it – no one wants to deal with an itchy scalp all the time.
With razors, you also run the risk of cutting yourself. Although you do get used to shaving over time, some of us just don’t enjoy using a razor. Along with the added expense of razor blades, shaving cream and aftershave care and you can understand why people want to avoid shaving with a razor. Fortunately, there are other ways to shave your head without having to use a razor.
The Main Way to Shave your head without a Razor
In reality, the easiest ways that you can shave your head without a razor are with electric shavers. The type of trimmer that you use will really depend on what you prefer. The main two types of shavers are generally clippers and foil shavers – they both work well for keeping your hair short. Though remember – you’re never going to get your hair as your as you would with a razor.
A foil shaver is the more popular method for keeping your hair trim. The most popular foil shaver that you might have heard of is the Skull Shaver. It’s a pretty good way to to keep your hair short and trim.
- BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY SALE 20% OFF!
- All new production and premium build quality
- Can be used while charging
- Built to be durable and precise, shaving faster and smoother
- Designed for cordless bald head and face shaving
There are a few benefits of using foil shavers as opposed to razors and other methods. They are;
- Use in the shower – You can easily use foil shavers in the shower (not all of them, but the better ones). In fact, it can be easier to use them in the shower because they’re easy to clean afterwards.
- Cordless – The only issue with clippers is that the majority of them are corded. This can be awkward for shaving your scalp. This isn’t an issue with a foil shaver.
- Easy to clean – You can easily clean a foil shaver by running it under the tap in the skin. Most foil shavers also come with a brush to clear out any hair.
- Cheap – Unlike with razor blades, you don’t need to constantly keep purchasing things that are reusable. If you take care of the foil shaver, it should be good for between 6-12 months.
Overall, foil shavers are the best choice for people that want to keep a shaved head but don’t want to use a razor. They generally keep the hair pretty short, and you don’t need to worry about razor burn.
Hair clippers are another way to shave your head without having to use a razor. The most popular hair clippers for shaving your head are undoubtedly the Wahl Balding Clippers.
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional's commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Balding Clipper is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: This corded clipper is a barbershop must-have. With a powerful electromagnetic motor that cuts twice the speed of pivot motors, it offers barbers and stylists a surgically-close cut, making it perfect for quick, precise, and effortless skin and bald fades.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Balding Clipper comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (2) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, and red blade guard.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The 5-Star Balding Clipper (#8110) measures 6.25" long and weighs 1 lb. This product features an 8-foot, professional grade, chemical resistant cord and features a #2105 blade, V5000+ electromagnetic motor, and operates at 120 volts/60 hertz. For sale in the USA only.
- PLEASE NOTE: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer's warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers. Intended for sale and use in the US only.
As with most Wahl products, you’re getting something of high quality. These are the benefits of using a set of hair clippers to shave your head as opposed to other methods.
- Don’t need to worry about batteries – As most clippers are corded, you don’t need to be concerned about keeping your clippers charged up or replacing the batteries.
- Easy to maintain – All you need to do with a set of clippers is apply some oil to them once a month or so. This is relatively easy, and you don’t need to worry about taking them apart to maintain them.
- Good if you want to avoid razor rash – If you want to avoid razor rash, then clippers are a great way to go.
Overall, getting yourself a good set of clippers or a foil shaver is an awesome investment. I’ve used electric shavers for years, and I can say that the only negative thing about using them is that they don’t cut quite as close as a razor. If this isn’t a problem for you, then an electric shaver is the way forward.