Hair loss shampoo has become increasingly popular recently, with more and more products arriving on the market. But how do you decide on which one is the best hair loss shampoo for you? It’s definitely not an easy task.
Whilst here at Balding Life we’re massive advocates of accepting your male pattern baldness, I understand if you want to cling on to it a little longer. Once it’s gone, it’s gone and it ain’t coming back! For this reason, you can look at using some hair loss shampoos to help slow down the hair loss process. A good hair loss shampoo will help to mitigate any issues you’re currently experiencing, with some even stating that they’ll help your hair grow back (though I’m not too sure about that!).
Hair loss shampoos are also a fantastic choice for women who are experiencing some form of hair loss, Whether it be genetically getting thinner from old age (it happens to the best of us!) or something more complicated, a good product can make you feel a lot more confident in yourself.
Best Hair Loss Shampoo
Art Naturals Argan Oil
- ARGAN OIL - Argan oil is known for its ability to help hair restore, enhance and grow. The natural moisturizer will help repair, dry, brittle and damaged hair from blow drying, flat ironing and sun exposure
- FOR ALL HAIR TYPES - artnaturals argan oil shampoo and conditioner set is for both men and women, straight or curly hair, blondes or brunettes. This shampoo duo set is the ultimate experience.
- RESTORATIVE FORMULA - Our natural and organic ingredients help repair hair damage and prevent any effects from heat and excess styling. The hydrating minerals and oils work to hydrate the hair and scalp. Leaving hair feeling soft and refreshed.
- DEEPLY MOISTURIZING - This powerful moisturizer will wash away all of the excess oils and dirt from your hair to get that beautiful shiny hair. This shampoo set will leave you with no grease and no residue.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - ArtNaturals offers a 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Try it risk free with no questions asked and top customer service. You have nothing to lose and your health to gain.
Argan Oil has become increasingly popular in recent years, especially as an ingredient in shampoo. It’s known that it’s ingredients support thick and healthy hair, so it’s not surprise it’s popularity has increased. It’s also great for your hair follicles, so if you’re suffering from some form of temporary hair loss, then this could be a good option.
Like many other products similar to this, they also contain DHT blockers. What does this mean? Well, DHT is created from the testosterone in your body and is part of the development process. It’s a necessary part of development, especially for guys as it helps us develop physically. It’s also great for heart health, so don’t knock it just because it causes us some hair loss.
As hair loss shampoos go, this is a great choice if you are looking for something that will mitigate any further loss and leave your remaining hair feeling thick and luxurious.
Maple Holistics Biotin Shampoo
- NATURAL BIOTIN SHAMPOO This maximum strength hair loss prevention and treatment shampoo contains biotin as well as provitamin B5 zinc coconut oil and several other nutrient rich botanicals. This blend works to remove DHT buildup and clean the scalp and hair of dandruff flakes and scales. This stimulates hair follicles and promotes circulation to encourage healthy hair growth. Healthy hair comes from a healthy scalp and this comprehensive topical treatment encourages thick and shiny hair.
- PROMOTES HAIR GROWTH AND SLOWS HAIR LOSS Key ingredient biotin effectively slows hair shedding and promotes thicker and fuller hair. This extra strength b-complex shampoo nourishes the hair follicle from root to tip. This results in improved hair growth incredible body and renewed and rejuvenated hair. This high grade thickening shampoo cleans the scalp of DHT which is one of main causes of thinning hair which results in reduced shedding and ultimately thicker and denser hair.
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS this bestselling growth promoting shampoo contains 11 of nature's finest herbs and oils such as Rosemary extract green tea extract mulberry root extract evening primrose oil phytokeratin and argan oil which clean and balance the scalp, while promoting hair growth for the long shiny and strong hair of your dreams.This scientific formula is suitable for all hair types including thick fine and normal density hair as well as straight wavy curly African American hair textures.
- WE ARE PROUD TO SAY that our shampoo is non-GMO. It's also hypoallergenic, sulfate free and paraben free providing the safest and most natural therapeutic biotin shampoo on the market! It works great with other hair conditioners and hair products. Whether you have oily, frizzy or dry hair our moisture control shampoo will make you and your hair look and feel amazing!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We are in the business of happy hair and happy customers. We want you to be completely satisfied with our shampoo that's why our dry hair treatment shampoo is backed by our money back guarantee!
Much like Argan Oil has been praised for it’s ability to help with your hair loss, Biotin has been promoted as another shampoo that’s going to magically make your hair grow back. I’ve got news for you; it probably won’t. Unless you’re experiencing some kind of temporary hair loss like telogen effuvium, then the likelihood is you’re experiencing permanent hair loss and Biotin won’t make your hair automatically grow back.
There’s no clinical proof for Biotin making your hair grow back. It might, but I doubt it (that’s my personal opinion, not factual). If you have a Biotin deficiency, then it’s a possibility, but it’s uncommon for someone to experience this. It can, however, help to mitigate any further losses and help to make your hair appear thicker in it’s appearance – which is the next best thing.
This Maple Biotics shampoo is a good option if you’re looking for a Biotin shampoo that will help your remaining hair appear thicker and reduce the bald spots in your head.
Pure Biology Hair Growth Shampoo
- LOADED WITH ACTIVE INGREDIENTS - Natural extracts and oils including Biotin and Keratin are enhanced with two proprietary complexes, 3HC & Amino Kera NPNF. These complexes have been clinically indicated to promote the body's own ability to stimulate growth and prevent breakage and hair loss.
- GROW, STRENGTHEN & PROTECT - In addition to stimulating growth, this formulation is designed to revitalize, strengthen, volumize and protect hair. Ideal for repairing thinning, breakage and spilt ends.
- GENTLE & NON-DRYING FOR ALL HAIR TYPES - This unisex shampoo provides gentle, yet effective cleansing for all hair types; Natural Citrus/Lemon scent; Non-GMO; Cruelty-free; Paraben-free; Made in the USA.
- 3HC HAIR STIMULATING COMPLEX - This breakthrough complex is comprised of a unique blend of stem cell-derived active ingredients that stumulate cells responsible for regulating hair follicle development. It has been clinically shown to reduce hair loss by 21% in just 3 weeks. It has also been indicated to increase the lifespan of hair fibers and expand the number of growing fibers.
- AMINO KERA NPNF - This combination of Keratin-derived amino acids is designed for deeper penetration than other Keratin-based products. It has been clinically shown to immediately begin to strengthen and revitalize damaged hair, while moisturizing and conditioning on the surface for an all-around healthier and fuller appearance.
If you’re looking for a hair stimulating shampoo that works, then this one from Pure Biology could be a great choice for you.
Made for all genders – yes, all genders not both genders- this shampoo has a slight citrus scent but isn’t overpowering. It will help to strength your hair and create more volume, so it’s an ideal choice if you’ve suffered from any sort of alopecia or your hair isn’t as thick as it was when you was younger.
Aside from Biotin, this shampoo contains loads of other ingredients such as keratin(Amino Kera), and the complex made by Pure Biology is actually clinically proven to reduce hair loss by 21% in a few weeks (I had to highlight the ‘clinically proven’ part because it’s not often you’ll find anything clinically proven when relating to hair growth lol!). This would be a good choice if you want a hair loss shampoo that will repair your hair to the best it possibly can be.
Pura D’Or Therapy Shampoo
- Get to the Root of the Problem. It all starts with a healthy scalp. This invigorating blend of extracts and essential nutrients fortifies and energizes hair, reducing hair thinning due to breakage.
Pura D’Or is one of the oldest brands around when it comes to hair loss shampoo, they’ve been at the top of the game for many years and have tons of faithful customers who swear their shampoos have helped with their hair loss.
This shampoo is a mixture of Biotin, Argan Oils, Niacin and other ingredients that help to nourish your hair back to it’s former glory. It’s a good choice for anyone dealing with damaged hair, as Argan Oil and it’s other ingredients are a perfect mix for dealing with dry hair or if you’re dealing with split ends. Unfortunately, it’s extremely easy to get damaged hair, but a lot harder to fix your hair once it’s damaged, so you’ll need to wait a while before you see results with any hair loss shampoo. Either way, Pura D’Or is a solid brand to go with if you want something with a proven track record.
Re:Line Thickening Shampoo
- BIOTIN SHAMPOO FOR HAIR GROWTH - Thickening Shampoo For Hair Loss All Natural With Hair thickening B-Complex formula treats thinning hair with botanical Rosemary Aloe Vera Saw palmetto and coconut, All known to regrow and prevent hair loss for men & Women
- SULFATE FREE NATURAL SHAMPOO FOR THINNING HAIR - The best of cell stimulating hair loss treatments for stronger hair volume and thickness, This Hypoallergenic Natural Biotin Shampoo for hair loss is Sulfate and Paraben free + Safe for colored hair
- ANTI HAIR LOSS SHAMPOO for women and men naturally prevents hair loss by blocking DHT - a primary cause for thin weak hair by removing DHT this premium Biotin DHT Blocker Shampoo will give you shiny thicker and denser hair perfect for sensitive scalp
- ALL HAIR TYPES + This hair regrowth treatment is full of Essential Vitamins for hair growth and is a safe daily hair thickener for color treated hair Highlighted hair Bleached hair & damaged hair and body hair - Oily Dry Brittle or Frizzy - Black Red or Blond colored
- RE:FUND 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! - If you are not Absolutely happy with your PAISLE BOTANICS re:line Biotin Hair Thickening Shampoo, Your covered with our Money back RE:FUND Guarantee. We only manufacture the highest grade best hair loss products
A good thickening shampoo can be great if your hair is getting slightly thinner; whether that be through age or otherwise.
This Re:Line Biotin shampoo is a good choice if you’re after a hypoallergenic shampoo that will stimulate your hair cells into growth. Aside from Biotin, it’s filled with other ingredients like saw palmetto which are known for helping improve the health of your hair.
Does hair loss shampoo really work?
One of the most common questions associated with hair loss shampoo is whether it really works. The answer? It depends.
If you’re completely bald already naturally – by naturally, I mean male pattern baldness and not something temporary – then hair loss shampoo isn’t going to magically make your hair grow back. I’m sorry, but that’s the reality. However, if you’re just starting to experience male pattern baldness, or you have a ‘temporary’ hair loss issue like telogen effluvium, then hair loss shampoo can work for you.
The ingredients in hair loss shampoos help to support a healthy head of hair. The majority of hair loss shampoos use similar ingredients that will ensure you maintain a healthy scalp. These ingredients are;
- Biotin – Biotin is the most commonly advertised ingredient in hair loss shampoos. Personally, I think this is a bit sneaky because it’s kind of marketed as if extra biotin will help your hair grow back – this isn’t the case. Biotin is a naturally found vitamin in our foods and bodies, and it will only help your hair if you’re suffering from a deficiency. This is pretty unlikely, though still a possibility. It’s still important to ensure you’re getting enough biotin daily.
- Caffeine – Caffeine isn’t just great for keeping you awake. It can actually help to stimulate the follicles in your scalp into growth, too. This makes it a common ingredient in hair loss shampoos.
- Minoxidil – Minoxidil is one of the only scientifically proven chemicals that can help your promote the growth of your hair. Many other ingredients are thought to help with hair growth, but minoxidil almost definitely will, though it doesn’t work for everyone.
- Niacin – Niacin, also know as vitamin B3, is one of the most common deficiencies that may be causing some form of hair loss. If you’re starting to feel fatigued, then it might be a Niacin deficiency, as this is it’s most common symptom.
- Vitamin B6 – Another common deficiency you may experience is B6. This can be a concern, because B6 is an important part of your system, for both your physical and mental health. B6 can help to reduce the harmful effects of testosterone.
- Keratin – Keratin is used to help support a healthy scalp. It will help ensure that any damage your hair has experienced to date can be repaired over the period of time that you use a keratin filled product.
What else might be causing my hair loss?
If you aren’t totally sure on the true cause of your hair loss, then there are some other things that you might want to consider. I should probably say that a hair loss shampoo won’t hinder your chances of hair regrowth, but there are situations in which it won’t be effective. These situations are;
- Genetics – It’s time to be honest. Genetics are the main reason that you’re losing your hair. If you’re a guy, then the likelihood you’re experiencing male pattern baldness is far greater than any other reasons you might be losing hair. Don’t worry; this is common. You should probably check out the main signs of balding if you’re concerned you have male pattern baldness. For women, they also experience genetic female pattern baldness, though this is less extreme and doesn’t follow the same pattern.
- Alopecia Areata – Alopecia areata is also known as spot baldness. It’s actually still unknown what really causes alopecia areata, but it can make you lose hair in random patches on your body (or all over).
- Hypothyroidism – Hypothyroidism is an underactive thyroid, and is a far more likely circumstance than hyperthyroidism, which can also cause hair loss. Basically, if you’re thyroid isn’t healthy, then this can cause hair loss. Your doctor can test your thyroid to check if it’s working as it should be.
- Situational – There are a lot of situations which may cause temporary hair loss. Things like stress, lack of sleep, anxiety and depression and just some of the things that may be causing you to lose your hair. Again, head to the doctor for a diagnosis if you’re worried about this.
The Benefits of Using a Hair Loss Shampoo
If you’re thinking about using a hair loss shampoo, then there are a few reasons that people prefer to use this method as opposed to other techniques to fight against hair loss. The main reasons that people prefer using a hair loss shampoo are;
- Ease of Use – It’s extremely easy to use a hair loss shampoo to help mitigate your hair loss. All you have to do is shampoo your hair as normal but with a different product! You don’t need to take tablets, or apply some product to your hair twice a day like you do with some other products. This makes it a great choice for those looking for something that won’t disrupt their current daily routine.
- Fast Results – The majority of hair loss shampoos will start to take effect relatively quickly. It will start to make the remaining hair on your head look thicker and more luxurious, which is good if you still have a significant amount of hair left on your head.
- Promotes scalp health – For your hair to grow comfortably, you need to have a healthy scalp. This is where a good hair loss shampoo can really make all the difference, as it will clear all the bad oils from your head.
Whilst a good hair loss shampoo isn’t a necessity, it can help thicken your remaining hair. Some will state that they actually help hair to grow back, though from all the research and people I’ve spoken to suggests this isn’t really the case for the majority. It’s better used if you’re experiencing alopecia or telogen effluvium. It won’t work for male pattern baldness. You can also look at some vitamins to help with your hair loss as a deficiency is another reason you may be experiencing this.
Hair loss shampoo is great for anyone who isn’t yet ready to buzz it all off, or someone who’s just starting to notice some form of hair loss. It’s important to remember that your hair doesn’t define you, however.