For many people, losing hair can be an extremely worrying experience. This is made even more harrowing if you’re unaware of the reasons behind your sudden hair loss; is it your diet? Is it a nutrient deficiency? Or, if you’re a guy, is it just male pattern baldness?
Well for guys, the likelihood is that it’s the latter. You’ll need to check the signs of male pattern baldness to determine whether what you’re experiencing is just a normal part of life, or whether you might be suffering from a deficiency. For women, your genetics might just be causing your hair loss as well. Though this is less common than with guys and is more likely to be related to stress, hormones and nutrient deficiencies.
To combat these nutrient deficiencies, you’ll want to try and find the best hair loss vitamins that can help improve the health of your hair.
Best Hair Loss Vitamins
- FEATURES: High Potency Biotin 5000mcg in cold-pressed Organic Coconut Oil
- BENEFITS: May help to support Healthy Hair, Skin and nails*
- PREMIUM: The Only Non-GMO Project Verified veggie Biotin softgel available
- QUALITY: Manufactured, Packaged, and Bottled in the USA. 3rd Party non-GMO tested by the IGEN program
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: All Sports Research (SR) products come with a 90 day Money Back Guarantee.**
Biotin is probably the most commonly recommended hair loss vitamin, and there’s a pretty good reason for this.
Whilst there aren’t any ‘clinical trials’ that prove that Biotin improves the health of your hair, it has been used to combat deficiencies for many years. If you are deficient in Biotin, then taking vitamins is the easiest way to get more Biotin into your system.
I’ve linked to this particular Biotin because it’s a great deal and I know people that have personally used it to great effect. Because it’s based in coconut oil, you should find it extremely easy to consume and you won’t have any issues with absorption. You’ll find a lot of vitamins that contain Biotin amongst a million other things, but here I’m just recommending the best vitamins individually. There are tons of other shampoos you can use if hair loss is a concern of yours.
Biotin is fantastic, not even just for your hair loss, but also for your skins and nails, too.
- BOOST IMMUNE HEALTH - Zinc has immune-enhancing properties and is also vital for normal growth and development.* Zinc Supplements also plays a role in antioxidant support.*
- ZINC FOR WOMEN - Zinc is a key nutrient during pregnancy, essential for proper growth and development in a fetus. Also can be combined with multivitamin for women.
- ZINC FOR MEN - Zinc Supplement has been shown to increase testosterone levels, sperm count and sperm motility. Our body uses zinc to make proteins. This means zinc plays a key role in building and maintaining lean muscle mass.
- PHARMACIUTICAL GRADE - Zinc tablets made to Nature's Potent guaranteed purity potency standards. Zinc can be used with other Best Multivitamins like: Magnesium Tablets, B- Complex, Vitamin C.
- 100% SAFE - All our products Made in USA in FDA & GMP Certified Facilities - Third Part Tested to insure 100% Best Quality Products! 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Zinc is something that I can personally recommend after using it for several years. It’s great not just for the health of your hair, but it’s also great for your testosterone as a guy (I can attest to this!). For women, Zinc is fantastic to use during pregnancy and ensures proper growth.
Whilst originally I liked to make sure I was getting enough zinc in my diet, I now prefer to take a zinc supplement as well to ensure that I’m getting my recommended daily allowance. Zinc has been used as an effective combatant to hair loss for many years now, as many studies have linked a lack of zinc to progressive hair loss.
- • OPTIMUM SERIES 2,000 mg Fish Oil with 1,400 mg Omega-3 Fatty Acids (600 mg DHA, 800 mg EPA) per serving (2 caps). Get 3-4 times more of the important Omega-3s compared to many other brands. A famous TV expert calls Omega 3 the most important single supplement. With this product, you will meet his recommendation of 600 mg DHA per day - with a single serving! Fish oil supports the health of heart, brain health, joints, mood & mental state, skin & hair.
- • BETTER ABSORPTION & AVOID FISHY AFTERTASTE: Our omega 3 fish oil pills have an enteric coating to help increase your absorption of the essential fatty acids and avoid fishy aftertaste. Enjoy Health Benefits Without Fish Burps!
- • PURITY THROUGH MOLECULAR DISTILLATION: Dr. Tobias fish oil is tested for purity and label accuracy. Our fish oil is purified with molecular distillation - one of the few current methods that can purify from heavy metals, PCB's and other toxins to below detectable limits for human consumption.
- • THIRD PARTY TESTED - For Product Purity, Projected Efficacy, Ingredient Safety, Nutritional Value, and Label Accuracy. Quality you can trust!
- • 90-DAY-SUPPLY + BONUS ONLINE HEALTH VIDEOS = GREAT HEALTH VALUE! You get 180 fish oil capsules with each bottle. Bottle color may vary. Additionally, after you received your bottle, you will get free access to 25 bonus online health videos with effective exercises for your health & stress relief
One of the more common issues that you might face with hair loss is scalp inflammation. This is common with a bad diet that isn’t rich in nutrients. If you want healthy hair and a healthy mind, you’ll want to consider some form of multivitamin and make sure you’re taking fish oil.
As well as fighting against inflammation, fish oil is also great for the thickness of your hair. Dependant on the type of hair loss you’re experiencing, you may just want to find ways to help get your hair back to it’s former, thicker self. Fish oil is a fantastic part of any diet in which you’re looking to improve your health long term.
- HIGH-QUALITY VITAMIN C - Beware of low-quality vitamin C products. Viva Naturals Vitamin C contains premium Quali-C, one of the world's leading brands of this essential nutrient. Each batch third-party tested for quality, providing a healthy 1,000 mg dose of immunity supporting vitamin C.*
- DELIVERS MORE THAN JUST VITAMIN C - Viva Naturals Vitamin C also has a measured dose of citrus bioflavonoids and rose hips to provide additional antioxidant support, ensuring you get more out of every serving.*
- FIGHTS FREE RADICALS* - Viva Naturals Vitamin C not only provides much needed immune support, but it also contains antioxidant support to help combat and neutralize free radicals, the cell-damaging molecules associated with signs of aging.*
- SUPPORTS COLLAGEN PRODUCTION* - One of the most abundant proteins in our body, collagen is vital to the health of our hair, skin, nails and joints.* Supplementing with high-quality vitamin C can help support our ability to produce this essential connective tissue.*
- EASY TO SWALLOW - Our non-GMO and veggie-friendly capsules are easy to swallow.
You might think that you get enough Vitamin C in your diet because it’s found it citrus fruits as well as a lot of other foods. But, it’s easier than you think to become vit C deficiency.
Vitamin C specifically works as an anti ageing vitamin, means that it can slow down the natural balding that will occur in the majority of males lives. A vitamin C deficiency has also been commonly linked with split ends and dry hair. This means that although a vitamin C deficiency doesn’t directly cause hair loss, it can cause split ends and dry hair, which will make you more prone to hair loss.
Although you probably get enough Vit C during your day, it’s a safe bet to take a supplement or find a multivitamin that contains Vitamin C.
- BOOSTED IRON ABSORPTION: Vitamin Code RAW iron pills contain 22mg of gentle whole food iron and whole food vitamins C, B-12, and folate to support iron absorption and utilization
- PROBIOTICS AND ENZYMES: Our vegan iron supplement includes a RAW probiotic and enzyme blend for digestive support
- ENERGY SUPPLEMENT: Our iron vitamins support blood & heart health, immune health, reproductive health, eye health, and mental & physical energy
- NATURAL COFACTORS: Vitamin Code iron supplements is made from 23 RAW fruits and vegetables together with natural food cofactors
- VEGAN VITAMIN: Our real food iron supplement is RAW, Vegan, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free with No Binders or Fillers
You’d be surprised at the amount of people who don’t get enough iron in their diet. It’s one of the most commonly diagnosed deficiencies, and it can cause hair loss (specifically diffuse hair loss and telogen effivium).
Now, you don’t usually need a supplement for iron if you’re getting enough of it on a daily basis in your food. The easiest way to do this is by eating red meats like steak, and other meats like liver and poultry. Research does show that iron is more easily absorbed for meat eaters, though if you’re a vegetarian then you can get plenty of iron from eating your spinach and other veggies.
If you don’t want to worry about getting enough iron in your diet, then you should consider a supplement as an iron deficiency is fairly common. This is why I’ve suggested it as one of the best hair loss vitamins you can take to help you maintain healthy scalp.
Do hair loss vitamins really work?
[thrive_custom_box title=”” style=”dark” type=”image” image=”” full_height=0]It’s a common question to ask whether these vitamins and supplements will actually work to help support the health of your hair.
You’ll notice that I’ve only really mentioned vitamins in this list with little regard to supplement. This is because [in my opinion] there are many hair loss supplements that don’t really work. Some of them are marketed to say that you’ll magically grow your hair back within a week, when we all know this isn’t going to be the case.
The vitamins that I’ve listed here are essential to both the health of your hair, and the health of your body in general. If you’re deficient in any of these vitamins, then it can definitely be a cause of hair loss. It is more likely that you’ll be deficient in certain vitamins than others, but it’s a good idea to take a good multivitamin anyway as this can ensure you’re getting enough of the most important vitamins and minerals.[/thrive_custom_box]
Other causes of hair loss
Whilst it’s important to maintain a healthy level of nutrients in your body, it’s often the case that this may not be the cause of your hair loss. There are a few other things that you’ll want to consider if you’re experiencing some form of hair loss. These are;
- Genetics – The main reason that you may be experiencing hair loss is your genetics. It’s more common for you to be experiencing male or female pattern baldness than any other form of hair loss, so it’s important to realise this beforehand. Saying this, there are several other forms of hair loss you may be experiencing.
- Alopecia Areata – You might not have heard of alopecia areata before; it’s more commonly known as spot baldness. The causes of spot baldness are still not truly known. This type of alopecia can occur in small places on your head to your entire body, so it’s different in each circumstance. Usually, alopecia areata will go away on it’s own.
- Hypothyroidism – If your thyroid is underactive, this can be a major issue that may result in hair loss. It’s important to learn a little more about hypothyroidism and how it can affect you.
- Situational – There are an array of other circumstances which may lead to hair loss. Things like anxiety and depression can certainly cause hair loss, as can stress and a lack of sleep.If you’re experiencing any of these things, then this can definitely be a cause of hair loss for you.
Dealing with hair loss isn’t easy. Before you purchase any vitamin supplements, it’s likely the best option to visit your doctor to try and find a cause. If you’re a guy, then the likelihood is that you’re just experiencing male pattern baldness. This is a normal part of life for most guys, and finding a hair loss cure is not likely to happen unless you’re willing to get a transplant (you can try Minoxidil to slow the process, but I’d advise you to just accept it!). For women, genetic hair loss is more common than you might think also.
In saying this, all the things that I’ve listed here important nutrients in any balanced diet and it wouldn’t hurt to give them a try.