Finding a good quality shaving cream is more important than you might think. The majority of us guys have got a rash on the back of your neck at some point from shaving, and I don’t need to tell you how annoying that can be. With the right shaving cream, you can easily avoid rashes and cuts to your skin.
Whilst you might think that all shaving creams are pretty much the same, you’d be surprised at the difference that a good shaving cream can make. Shaving creams are usually about 80% water, but the other ingredients they contain can affect the quality of your shave. That’s why it’s important you get the best shaving cream for men, especially if it’s sensitive.
Best Shaving Cream for Men
Rocky Mountain Barber Company Cream
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Includes naturally derived ingredients making it perfect for all skin types .
- REDUCE IRRITATION - Contains skin calming coconut oil & glycerin to help moisturize the skin.
- MADE WITH ESSENTIAL OIL - Contains Sandalwood essential oil to help sooth sensitive skin.
- MADE IN SMALL BATCHES - Means a fresher shaving cream with fresher ingredients.
- VERSATILE LATHER - Can be applied with or without a shaving brush.
If you are looking for the best shaving cream for sensitive skin, then you won’t find many better than those made by the Rocky Mountain Barber Company. Made specifically for all skin types, this shaving cream works excellently if you want something that won’t dry your skin out and leave you prone to it becoming flakey and damaged.
Because this is made by a smaller company, you really don’t need to worry about it being left on the shelf for years. Whilst you may not think this is an issue with normal shaving gels, with shaving cream it is often the case that you’ll want to find ones that are made with fresher ingredients so that you can really nourish your skin like it deserves.
It’s made with coconut oil, which is an excellent ingredient to have as part of any good shaving cream. This is because coconut oil is a natural moisturizer, so that you can be sure you skin will be soft and ready for shaving.
Art of Shaving Cream
- The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream softens and lifts the beard for a close and comfortable shave, and protects the skin from irritation and razor burn.
- Rich with glycerin, coconut oil and essential oils, the shaving cream leaves your skin smooth and moisturized.
- It can be lathered up with a shaving brush or with fingers.
- Sandalwood essential oil - Normal to dry skin
- Softens and lifts the beard for a close and comfortable shave
The Art of Shaving are a smaller brand that use a unique formula to help you get an optimal shave. Their shaving cream has become increasingly popular in recent years, so it could be a good option if you want a shaving cream that is soft on your skin.
One thing that you may struggle with is razor burn. This is a common reason that people trun to using shaving cream instead of using shaving gel and foam, and with good reason. Shaving cream can be better for your skin as it is usually made with a moisturising oil that will help to nourish your skin and leave it soft and smooth.
Whether you are looking to apply this cream with a good shaving brush or with your hands alone, this can be a great option for a good shaving cream if you aren’t convinced on any of their competitors. It’s a great choice if you often suffer from razor burn and want to avoid this in the future.
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
- Cream helps prepare your beard for shaving and moisturizes your face
- A classic fragrance with top notes of geranium, lavender, rosemary and liquid amber supported by a heart of carnation, fern and orange blossom resting on a sumptuous base of patchouli, sandalwood, powdery musk and rock rose
- Cream is contain a plastic bowl making lathering easy, Sandalwood shaving cream bowl
- Product normal consistency is that of a cream and is recommended to be stored at room temperature, 59 degrees Fahrenheit to 77 degrees Fahrenheit The cream may re position during shipping as the manufacturer has left space between cream and top of container
- Manufacturer recommend using within 12 months after opening
The majority of shaving creams are made with sandalwood oils and specifically for those with sensitive skin. The Taylor of Old Bond Street brand are no different, and their products are undoubtedly some of the best around.
If you have particularly sensitive skin to shaving, then you will want to check the ingredients of any shaving cream you are going to use. This is because the likelihood is that you are allergic or irritant to a specific ingredient, and you will want to avoid this if you want to have an irritant free shave.
If you like to get an extremely close shave, then this shaving cream would likely be a good option for you. This is because it’s cream is made to allow you to build up a smooth lather that is easy to shave off with a good quality razor. Doing this will give you a smooth shave that you just can’t get without using some sort of shaving cream or soap.
Henry Cavendish Shaving Soap
- BUNDLE AND SAVE TODAY: Get 20% OFF when purchased with our Shaving Bowl or Badger Shaving Brush. See promotion below.
- American Made Shaving Soap easily creates rich lather: it lubricates razor for a slick, cushioned and comfortable shave. Lather is long lasting unlike many shaving cream, foams and gels which dry out. Ladies Love the Addition of Shea Butter which leaves skin feeling smooth and nicely moisturized, not oily. Won't dry or irritate your skin like many shaving soaps, shaving creams and gels do.
- Larger in size than average mug shave soaps: will last about 3 - 6 months. 20 seconds in a Microwave fits it to any size shaving mug! Minimal light scent (almost none) which is fresh without being artificial. Ladies seem to like it!
- This shaving soap is a notch above other shaving products. With minimal all-natural ingredients, it has no artificial color or fragrance, and contains nothing you can't pronounce!
- 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee. Click on the add to cart button, up and to the right on this page, NOW!
Speaking of shaving soaps, I decided to add this one to the list as an option for you. If you are looking to find a good cream to shave with, then you may want to consider a good shaving soap as they can be a great way to avoid irritants.
The difference between this shaving soap and it’s competitors is that it made with shea butter. This means that it is extremely easy to apply to your skin, and you won’t need to worry about your skin being oily or developing a shaving rash. It’s a good option if you have tried other shaving creams and don’t like the results that you have got so far.
All of the ingredients in this shaving soap are natural too, which is great if you want to avoid using products that are made with chemicals that may cause damage to your skin in the long term. If you’re in the US, you’re lucky as you can purchase an additional shaving mug that you can use to make sure this shaving soap is perfect for your skin.
Shaving Cream Buying Guide
Whilst you’re looking for a good shaving cream, it’s important to make sure that it will work for you.
One of the most important things for me is that the shaving cream is made from entirely natural ingredients. This isn’t the same for everyone, but it’s a must for me because lower quality and unnatural ingredients can cause issues further down the line. It’s important to know which chemicals are bad for your skin.
Here’s a few chemicals that you’ll definitely want to avoid;
Parabens – Parabens have got themselves a bad repuation in the media in recent years, and there’s a good reason for this. The main reason that parabens have got themselves such a bad name is that they’ve been linked to cancer, specifically breast cancer. If that alone isn’t enough of a reason to avoid products with parabens in, I don’t know what is.
Sodium Sulphate – Sodium sulphates are another ingredient that you’ll want to avoid when picking a new shaving cream. They reduce the amount of natural oils that are in your skin, so they are definitely something that you’ll want to avoid.
Fragrance – Read this article on what a fragrance is (or isn’t!). It’s up to you if you want to use products that the company doesn’t have to state what it is, but I’d rather know what I’m putting in my skin.
Is Shaving Cream Necessary?
One of the most common questions that is asked about shaving creams is whether they are a necessity to a good shave. I always answer the same way; no.
Shaving creams are not a necessity. You could make do with a cheap shaving foam, a gel or even nothing at all. I actually know a few guys who prefer to shave with no kind of shaving moisturizing agent at all – just them and the razor.
The reason that I recommend using a shaving cream is that for some of us – especially those with thick hair – we need something more. Using a good quality shaving cream along with a shaving brush is an excellent way to prepare your skin for wet shaving. This is because lathering your skin with a good quality cream will moisturize and clean your pores, which reduces the likelihood that you’ll end up with red blotchy skin after.
Now, I’m not saying that a shaving cream is for everyone. But, if you want the closest shave on your scalp possible or you have sensitive skin, then using shaving cream can alleviate the itchiness you experience with lower quality shaving products.
Hopefully, you know have a slightly better idea of how a good shaving cream can make a difference. Personally, I prefer to use a good shaving soap twice a week. Whether you are looking for a good option to shave your entire head and face or you are just looking to clean shave your beard, there’s definitely a good shaving cream here for you to pick from.