Whilst Keranique and Nioxin commonly known products that you can use for your hair loss, they aren’t one and the same. There are a few differences between the two which make them different, and you’ll want to know these before you decide which one you want to spend your hard earned money on.
The main difference between Nioxin and Keranique is that whilst Keranique is designed help the circulation in your scalp, Nioxin focusses more on cleansing your head and promoting a health area for your hair to replenish itself.
The Keranique technique focusses of microcirculation, and whilst they do want to cleanse your scalp like Nioxin does, this isn’t their main focus. How do we know this? Well, you can tell this by looking at the ingredients of Keranique and determining which ingredients are meant to do what.
Keranique is full of the ‘K’s’ – Keravis Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Keratrix Seed Extract and Keratin. These ingredients are there to help strengthen the hair and are filled with good amino acids to help replenish any hairs that you might have lost.
To contrast this, Nioxin is filled with other ingredients like Ensulizole, which is actually one of the main ingredients used in sunscreen and helps to protect and cleanse your scalp thoroughly. For this reason, these two products are slightly different than each other (yes, this makes Nioxin the best choice if you’re looking or something that will take care of your scalp and protect it from UV rays).
Both of these shampoos are free of all the nasty stuff that we don’t want – parabens, sulfates and unecessary fragrances.
Pros of Nioxin
- One 33.8-ounce bottle of hair cleanser
- Formulated with European botanicals and rich humectants to moisturize dry scalps and chemically treated hair
- Relieves tightness and tension from dryness
- With eco-correctives to remove pollutants and toxins from scalp and hair
- Proteins and amino acids to nourish scalp for stronger hair
Easy to apply – You don’t need to make any drastic changes in your hair routine to incorporate Nioxin – it works the same as pretty much any other hair loss product.
Cleanses the scalp – Nioxin is great for helping to cleanse the scalp due to it’s ingredients, which are specifically designed to do so.
Cheaper than Keranique – Whilst I don’t think Nioxin is pretty cheaper, it is much cheaper than Keranique in this circumstance.
Pros of Keranique
- The Clean & Condition Set is specially formulated to gently clean and stimulate the scalp to nourish and rejuvenate the hair follicles.
- SCALP STIMULATING SHAMPOO is designed especially for thinning hair to gently deep clean and stimulate the scalp to nourish and rejuvenate the hair follicles.
- FORTIFIED with Keratin and Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), hair feels lighter, cleaner, and more buoyant. Leaves hair ultra-clean as it helps clear away impurities at the follicle to improve the effectiveness of scalp treatments.
- VOLUMIZING KERATIN CONDITIONER - a special cream-gel formula with a fortifying complex that coats, protects and volumizes fine and thinning hair with a keratin enriched coating.
- DESIGNED specifically to help thicken and volumize thin, fine hair - without weighing the hair down like traditional heavy conditioners, it conditions as it adds volume, fullness and thickness.
Minoxidil – Whilst many other hair loss products don’t have anything in them that’s FDA approved, Keranique has the only thing that is; Minoxidil, or Rogaine.
Easy spray – Whilst I don’t really like the idea of having 4 different products to use for hair loss, I guess I can’t moan too much when it’s just a bit of spray, right?
Results in a short time – On average, people see results in a far shorter time with Keranique than they do with Nioxin, which you need to apply religiously over many months. If you don’t get results with Keranique within 120 days, you can get a refund!
Results – The Verdict
Of course, some of this may sound like jargon to you, and you probably want to just know which will give you the best results. Now let me say; it depends.
For the average person, I would definitely recommend Nioxin over Keranique; and here’s why.
Nioxin is far simpler to use – it’s just a slightly more expensive shampoo that helps to cleanse your scalp and help to promote hair growth. Whereas with Keranique, you get 4 products that you need to apply all the time, which to me is a bit of a nightmare (this might not bother you as much as it does me, however).
Secondly, Nioxin has a far better track record than Keranique. Any product that’s been around for 30 years has stood the test of time. Keranique is relatively new, so you can’t really compare them in that sense, either.
Thirdly, you get the option of various different scales of product if you opt for Nioxin – this can’t be said for Keranique, however. Keranique doesn’t work too well for thinner and dry hair, so bare than in mind before you make a decision to opt for it. Check out the different scales of Nioxin to find out which one is best for you.
Fourthly and finally, the ingredients in Nioxin just speak out to me more. I spend a lot of time studying and checking out different ingredients lists, and I have to say that I’d undoubtedly pick Nioxin’s formula over Keranique. Why? Well, I’m not a massive fan of Minoxidil, which is one of the primary ingredients in Keranique.
So, there it is – but that’s only my opinion! Be sure to do some research and make your own mind up before you make a purchase. Don’t wate your hard earned cash without doing the research first! If you want a more established user review of Keranique, check this out.