Keranique and Viviscal are likely two of the most popular newer products when it comes to dealing with hair loss. Though they both have legions of fans, there are still those that question whether they actually work. Are they good, or are there better options on the market?
Both Keranique and Viviscal work in extremely similar ways – they’re both full hair care kits. Unlike other shampoos that only focus on one thing, both of these products try and encompass everything that you need. Of course by doing this, you end up paying a substantial price for what you’re getting.
Lets have a closer look at both of these hair loss products and see if they’re really worth their high price tag.
- Keranique Volumizing Shampoo-Conditioner Duo
Keranique is actually the cheaper of the two options – though that doesn’t always necessarily mean it’s the best.
Keranique contains 2% minoxidil, which is specifically designed to deal with hair loss in women. Male Rogaine is typically more effective as it’s 5% concentrated, but this has been proven to be too strong for the female scalp. Although Minoxidil is the active ingredient in Keranique, there are other ingredients that can help with temporary hair loss.
Of course, the name keranique derives from one of the main ingredients – keratin. Keratin treatments have become popular for women in recent years, but unfortunately although they’re great for your hair, keratin treatments can be super expensive. Keranique is a good way to help avoid expensive treatments, as their shampoo contains a decent amount of keratin anyway.
Overall, keranique is a good way to keep your hair in top condition. But, it is expensive and there might be better options on the market if you shop around.
- AFTER SHAVE: Shaving can cause redness, razor burns & bumps; using Tend Skin Solution as an after shave lotion effectively reduces the appearance of razor bumps, burns & redness.
- INGROWN HAIRS: Women get them after hair removal from shaving, waxing, electrolysis or laser on their legs, bikini lines, and underarms. Tend Skin Ingrown Hair Solution applied before the problems arise and shortly after these procedures will reduce the appearance of these problems afterwards.
- POST WAXING: Apply Tend Skin Solution after the session to minimize the appearance of any redness of the skin.
- RAZOR BURN: Applying Tend Skin Liquid will reduce the appearance of noticeable redness that appears after shaving, as well as waxing, electrolysis and laser hair removal. This is great for women after all hair removal procedures on legs, bikini lines and underarms as well as for men who see redness after shaving their necks and faces.
- DEODORANT: Tend Skin Solution works as an extremely effective underarm deodorant
The ingredients of Viviscal are definitely.. different. One of the weird ingredients that it contains that you might not have expected is shark cartilage. Although it sounds kind of scary, shark cartilage has actually been used extensively and can even be used to help beat cancer.
As well as shark cartilage, viviscal contains all the usual suspects that you might have thought already. Biotin and other b vitamins are present, as well as vitamin C and apple extract powder, which are common in most hair loss vitamins.
The only issue that you will find with products like viviscal is that there is a lack of evidence that their products really work. They aren’t FDA regulated, and they don’t have to prove that they support hair growth. This means that although they may help reduce hair loss, they aren’t guaranteed.
Overall, both of these shampoos can help with temporary hair loss through vitamin deficiency. Their solid full hair care systems filled with nutrients that can replenish your hair.
The reality is that only one of these hair care systems contains the only FDA approved hair loss treatment available online – minoxidil. Aside from using prescription medications, minoxidil – or Rogaine – is the best thing that you can get to help battle against permanent hair loss. Keranique shampoo contains this, and although it might not be quite as effective as using minoxidil itself, it still makes it the better option of these two in my eyes.
In all honesty however, I do feel that both of these products are pretty expensive for what they are. There are other hair loss shampoos on the market that aren’t as expensive that work better (just my opinion).