Remington and Wahl are two of the biggest brands on the market when it comes to shaving. Whether that be in the form of your beard or your hair, then you’re likely to find a bunch of Remington and Wahl products in each category. They both do a good job, and you’re likely to be happy with either brand – but is one better than the other? Can they even be compared?
Well as a general rule, both of these brands are extremely similar but they both have their specialties. If you’re looking for a beard trimmer, then Remington is likely to be the better choice. But if you’re looking for a set of barbers clippers, then you’re better off going for Wahl.
Of course, things aren’t always as black and white as that and there are certain products from each that excel in different things. If you’re having trouble deciding which brand to opt for, we’ll have a look at which one may be more suited to your needs.
Wahl have one of the most prestigious histories in terms of haircare products – they’re almost 100 years in age, and they will be as they turn 100 in 2019. Starting out as a small company in Illinois, they’ve now become one of the dominant forces in the clipper industry. They have a variety of different products, but they undoubtedly specialise in hair clippers – both for humans and dogs.
Remington are another prestigious company within the hair trimming industry. They have roots back with the Remington that originated back in the early 1800s, but they aren’t the same company nowadays and they branched off long ago. In terms of electric shavers, it was around 1937 that they started producing shaving equipment. Regardless, they still have a prestigious name in the haircare world and they’re a forced to be reckon with, especially with beard trimmers and facial grooming.
Remington make some awesome products when it comes to grooming. Here’s a look at some of their best products;
- Remington PG6171 – The PG6171 is one of Remington’s better beard trimmers – you’ve probably also heard to it as referred to as ‘the Beard Boss’.
- Remington PG6025 – Another option for a beard trimmer from Remington is the PG6025. It’s another great example of why Remington are one of the best brands around.
- Remington HC4250 – The Remington HC4250 is another one of their flagship models – it makes for an also face groomer, as well as working well for your head too.
We know that Wahl make some of the best products around, but what are their best models? Well, here are a few Wahl models that seemed to have gained a ton of popularity.
- The Wahl Balding Clippers – The Wahl Balding Clippers are one of their most popular models amongst bald guys all over – they cut skin close, which you won’t get from the majority of clippers.
- The Wahl Finale – The Finale is an awesome option if you’re looking for a good foil shaver. Choosing a foil shaver is a good option if you want to avoid using a razor.
- The Wahl Detailer – The Wahl Detailer is one of the best options for a set of barbers clippers and it has a solid reputation.
Overall, it’s quite simple to differentiate between these two brands if you’re trying to decide between them. As a general, rule, if you’re interested in purchasing a set of clippers then you should likely go for Wahl. After all, they have specialised in making clippers for decades and there’s no denying that they make some of the highest quality ones around. Plus, they’re not particularly expensive either.
But, that doesn’t mean to say that you should completely disregard anything made by Remington. In fact, they also make some decent quality products as well. If you’re looking for beard trimmers, then Remington should be one of your main considerations. They also make a ton of other products too which you may want to consider, like their curling irons or even the HC4250, which is an awesome head shaver.
Dependant on what it is that you need, one of these brands is likely to be more suitable for you that the other. If you’re looking for a set of clippers – go Wahl. But if you’re looking for something else, then you can undoubtedly play it safe with Remington.