As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wahl and Philips are some of the largest brands when considering grooming equipment. They’re both extremely popular, not just in the United States but throughout the rest of the World too. It can be difficult to decide which of these products may be more suited to your needs. But is one of these brands better than the other, or are they relatively similar?
Well, if you’re trying to decide between the two then it shouldn’t be too difficult to do so. The reason being is that if you’re looking for a set of hair clippers, then you should look at getting some from Wahl. But if you’re looking for anything else – beard trimmers, multigroomers – then Philips should be your choice.
The difficult comes when you’re trying to decide between different foil shavers. Both brands produce some great foil shavers (the Profoil and the Finale) and it can be difficult to choose between the two. Fortunately, we’ll help you decide between the two if you’re looking for a good quality product from either brand.
We know all about Wahl as a company – they have one of the most impressive track records around. They’re 100 years old come 2019, but they haven’t been actively selling clippers that whole time – not for public use, anyway. Forever the innovators, it wasn’t until 1984 that Wahl introduced their cordless clippers, and in 2001 they introduced the first vacuum beard trimmer too. They are truly pioneers of the hair trimmer market.
Whilst Wahl specialise in one thing, Philips are better known for having their fingers in pretty much every technological pie they possibly can. They originally started selling lightbulbs at the end of the 19th Century (yes, they’re that old) but since then, they’ve developed into selling televisions, stereos and pretty much everything technological you can think of. In terms of grooming, they’re specifically well known for their Norelco brand, which is a favorite amongst consumers.
If you’re looking at Wahl, you’ll want to know what their best products are. Here’s a short lift of my favorite products from them.
- Wahl Balding Clippers Set – If you’re going bald, then you’ll need to get yourself a good quality head shave or set of hair clippers. If you want clippers, then there aren’t an abundance of different options on the market. The Wahl Balding Clippers are likely the best clippers for bald guys on the entire market.
- Wahl Finale Foil Shaver– Foil shavers are a good option for those who hate razors – sometimes, you just can’t get away from irritation. The Finale is one of the better foil shavers that you’ll find on the market.
- Wahl Detailer Clippers – If you’re looking for a nice set of barbers clippers, then you don’t want to ignore the Wahl Detailers. They’ve been one of the best sets around for a good while now, and you shouldn’t ignore them if you want a good set of detailing clippers.
Of course, Philips have their own range of grooming equipment too. Here’s some of my favorite models that Philips have released in recent years.
- Philips Norelco 7 Series – One of the best ranges of beard trimmers, you should look towards the 7200 if you want a good beard trimmer.
- Norelco 3100 – If you need a cheap multigroomer, then the 3100 is an awesome option at a great price.
- Norelco 4 Series – A better foil multishaver is the 4500, which is a good choice for those looking for a shaver that can do everything.
The easy way to divide these brands os to figure out exactly what it is you want. If you’re looking for a set of hair clippers, then you’re never going to go wrong opting to a set from Wahl. Their products are some of the best, and the fact they’ve specialised in clippers for so long is enough to set them apart from the rest.
If you’re looking to purchase something else, then I would definitely consider looking at the Norelco brand from Philips. They’ve definitely made some of the better beard trimmers in recent years, and if you’re looking for a multigroomer, then their products are almost unmatchable in terms of quality and build. If you are looking for a good quality foil shaver, the I particularly like the 4500 as it’s a top quality shaver that’s going to do everything that you ask of it.
Overall, you’re unlikely to regret your purchase with either of these brands. One of the good things about going with a big company like these two is that their products have an awesome warranty. That means that if you’re having issues with your products, you have a good support team that can help you out with any problems that may arise – this is always the sign of a good brand.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.